Starbuck Depot Society was organized to restore and maintain the original Starbuck Depot Building
The 1882 train depot in Starbuck was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.The depot has been officially recognized for helping to build the central Minnesota town of Starbuck and facilitating the region\'s commerce and transportation.The wood frame depot is built along the 90-mile line of the Northern Pacific Railroad that ran from Little Falls to Morris. For the first century, the line carried freight, mail and passengers, but railroad consolidation and declining ridership caused it to be put out of service. The last train left the Starbuck station in 1982.After 1982 the depot building went unused until a group of Starbuck volunteers formed the Starbuck Depot Society and gegan working to preserve the building to it original state. The restored depot building had its grand opening in 1991.